Friday, July 27, 2012

Amtrak: D.C. to NYC

It has been a couple of years since our D.C./NYC vacation and I am just now getting around to doing a scrapbook page about it.  I did this page after I started taking the Scrapbooking Family Vacations Workshop with Nancy Damiano at Two Peas in a Bucket.  {I won the workshop from a contest over from the Creatively Savvy blog - Thanks Susan!}  I have finished two chapters in the workshop and I am loving it so far.  I'm learning how to organize vacation memorabilia and pictures, learning new techniques, and getting to see some beautiful layouts.  I highly recommend this workshop!

 The paper is from the Basic Grey "wander" collection.

I got the idea to make this little clear envelope from the workshop. I made it with my Silhouette cutting machine. When you pull the tickets out you can still see the rest of the picture, which is more trains.  Being able to view the tickets through the envelope allows you to see the date, place, seat number, etc.

 I made the edge of my journaling look like a postage stamp with decorative scissors.

 The little popped up arrow is also from Basic Grey.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Judy! First time stopping by your blog. I saw that you were the winner of the Family Vacations workshop and I wanted to give you a shout-out and say congratulations! Wow! Look at how stinkin' cute this page is! LOVE the clear envelope holding the ticket stubs! ... oh, girl ... you're going to put these class ideas to good use, huh? Anyway, I snooped around here a little bit and sure enjoyed my visit. Thanks for the hospitality!

    ReplyDelete