Friday, July 6, 2012

May the force be with you.

I made this Star Wars cake for a sweet little boy I know that is turning seven.  I went a little over board with the decorations, but when it comes to kids, they think more is better anyway. 


 This is a vanilla cake with butter cream icing. The stars and words are made with fondant. The Storm Troopers around the bottom of the cake are rings and the light sabers are cupcake picks.  These can be shared with the party guests.

 These little guys are just regular toys.  I did hot glue toothpicks to the feet so they would stay on the cake better. The birthday boy can keep them to play with when the cake is gone.  They are the perfect size and cost less than a real cake topper did at the cake store.



6 comments:

  1. That turned out great! My boys would be in love with it....good job =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is just too adorable.My son LOVES Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Where'd you find the figurines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them at Toys R Us. They were having a "buy one get on 1/2 off Star Wars Toys" sale, which was perfect timing. I think WalMart has them too.

      Delete
  4. What a great cake! My nephew just loves star wars! Love your blog too! Hi from Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts. Feel free to stop by anytime (I have a Sharp Crochet Hook giveaway and another prize pack giveaway going on now if you're interested!!) www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete