Friday, November 1, 2013

Speech Bubble challenge!

Wow!! Can you believe November is here already?  Crazy, huh! 

Since it's a new month, we have a new challenge for you over at the Some Odd Girl blog.  We are challenging you to use SPEECH BUBBLES!  You can use stickers, wood embellies, pattern paper with speech bubbles, or just draw them yourself.  Check out the details and come link up!

I used the new SOG Speech Bubbles cut file to make some fun lunch box notes for my kiddos.  I've always enjoyed slipping little notes in with their lunch, but now that they are older the "babyish" ones just won't work.  Since speech bubbles are so popular, they are perfect for my middle schoolers.
I made them using the Silhouette.  The first thing I did was use the little silhouette ink pins to draw the speech bubbles instead of cut. Then I offset that shape (which makes a larger image around your original shape). To do that I just right clicked on my image and picked offset from the drop down box.  I deleted the inner image that I just printed, then cut out the offset image.  Don't remove your paper between printing and cutting....AND remember to remove your pin and replace the blade before you cut.

I hope that made sense!  Have a fantastic Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment