Monday, October 27, 2014

Trick or Treat with The ODD GIRLS!

Welcome to Some Odd Girl‘s 2nd annual Trick or Treat Halloween Hop!

Thank you so much for joining us!  All of the Odd Girls have concocted a creepy little creation to inspire you today, and you’re invited to visit each blog to see what’s been brewing!  You might have arrived from Anna’s blog – if so, you’re on the right track!  If not, you’ll want to CLICK HERE to get things started, because you won’t want to miss a thing!


I have made a little Halloween tag for you using the cute Hot Dog clear set. He is perfect for a fun Halloween treat or on your Halloween costume scrapbook pages.


and here's a TRICK....
 Put a dot of hot glue on the tip of a toothpick and let dry - since it dries kind of tacky you can use it to pick up sequins or similar tiny craft embellishments  - refresh glue daub as needed.

 As if this wasn’t exciting already, we have a discount code for you too!

Be sure to leave a comment at each stop, and if YOU have any tricks you’d like to share, we’d love to hear them!  There might just be a prize in it for one commenter who leaves us a trick! 

Here’s your hop order:
Judy (you are here!)
Kristy
And there you have it!  We will hop now through October 31st at midnight Eastern, and our winners will be announced back here on the Some Odd Girl blog on Monday, November 3rd.  Happy Haunting – I mean HOPPING! Your next stop is Brianna's blog.
 Happy Halloween from all of us at Some Odd Girl!

31 comments:

  1. omg... this is too cute... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super cute!!!! Love it! and I love your "trick" too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'm wondering how many people might actually dress there dogs up like this for Halloween? O_o And thanks for the idea with the Hot Glue, I'll have to pass that one on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too clever Judy! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun tag...and thanks for the trick!!! ;) Hugs, Laila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh too cute!
    Great use of
    the stamp.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I love your toothpick and hot glue trick and actually just tried a little trick of my own this morning which seems to be working so I thought I'd share. I took a wooden skewer and dipped it into my melted candle wax a couple times until I reached the thickness I wanted, (I did it to both ends of the skewer), then when it started to cool I took my fingers and shaped each end. One end I did narrow/pointy for smaller things and the other I did more of a round shape to use to pick up small die cut pieces/letters. Just be sure you don't use a candle wax that leaves a greasy residue behind or else it might ruin papers or ribbon pieces etc.

      Delete
    2. Great idea Charity! Thanks for sharing that. I always have some candles burning, so I'll have to try it. :-)

      Delete
  8. LOL!! I loooove that sentiment and that cute dog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too stinkin cute!!! I love it!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha! GREAT Tag!! You gave us an awesome trick too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hot dog!
    Cute card
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! Super cute!!!!! Great tip!!!! Here is a tip or trick. If there is a small area you would like to emboss just take a small brush and brush on some versamark ink and emboss away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a friend that I need this stamp for! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cut Hot Dog!! I have a dashound so I love this tag:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute, love that sentiment and love your tip....definitely going to try that!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the "halloweenie" play on words really cute

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no you din't! That is just too adorable!!! Love the word play. Great coloring, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tag is so "dog-gone" cute. Great idea using the dog for a Halloween tag. I'll have to try the toothpick trick.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable little weenie tag. To cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE this tag. I am the proud mother of a mini doxie, Emma. My tip is don't let said dog onto your craft table, she walked off once with an "F" from my layout on her behind.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg that hot dog is too too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my! How stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So darn cute with that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so sweet and the coloring on the dog is great

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's very cute tag! Thank you for the trick..

    ReplyDelete